The role of the kidneys is often underrated when we think about our health.
In fact, the kidneys play a vital role in the daily workings of your body. They are so important that nature gave us two kidneys, to cover the possibility that one might be lost to an injury.
We can live quite well with only one kidney and some people live a healthy life even though born with one missing. However, with no kidney function and untreated, death occurs within a few days!
YOUR AMAZING KIDNEYS
- Make urine
- Remove wastes and extra fluid from your blood
- Control your body’s chemical balance
- Helpcontrol your blood pressure
- Help keep your bones healthy
- Help you make red blood cells